On August 21, 1945 The Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church of Steubenville, East Liverpool, Toronto and districts of Ohio, purchased from the Calvary Methodist Church the real estate propery at the intersection of South and Fourth Streets. On July 19, 1946, the deed was transferred to the name of Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church.
The church has the distinction of being the first Greek church in Steubenville. Before the purchase of this property, members of the congregation were meeting for service above store rooms, and joining congregations in Weirton.
Pastor at the time of the purchase was Reverend Nicholas Spilliotis, who served for just a few months in 1945. Immediately following Reverend Spilliotis was Reverend John Berris, who served until 1958. From 1958 until 1963, Reverend Demitrios Sakellarides was pastor, followed by Reverend James Demitras, who served this congregation from 1964 to 1989. He was followed by Father Andrew Clarke who served til 1990 and Father George J. Longos until 1995. Father Dean J. Dimon served from 1996 to 2008, and Father Nicholas Halkias has served from 2009 until the present time.
Since the church was the first Greek church in Steubenville, and the building originally housed a Methodist congregation, it is quite interesting that the architecture is Classic Greek.